Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fabric High

I am a fabric junky... seriously I see beautiful fabric and my heart just sort of stops. This is thanks to Christoper's very patient mother who taught me basically everything I know about sewing. I have decided to tackle my next fun project and make myself this. I am very excited about it but at the same time I find myself going crazy over which of the seemingly endless supply of amazing fabric out there to use. I seriously am agonizing over it. Totally lame I know but hey I am going to be carrying this thing around for a while so it has got to look the part. I am sure I will end up doing something from Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry or Heather Bailey's line but they are all soooo cute!

This obsession has also made me very grateful that so far I have two boys. I am itching to make these but I don't have a little girl yet to do it for. Roby maybe I will make them for Ava! Yippie an excuse--- Chris will kill me. Fabric is dead last on the priority of spending currently. Some day though I hope to have the fabric room you posted on your blog Natalie! For now my TV tray works great!

5 comments:

Christa said...

CUTE! I might have to pay you to make me one of those. :) if I had a baby, I would buy everything you have in the peek boutique. someday... someday...

Robyn Reynolds said...

I can't get over how crafty you are! Those are so cute. I already can't wait to try out my baby sling you gave me. You really do such good work. Maybe I should have my mom teach me a thing or two.

Sherry said...

Kelly...can't wait to make the great bag with you. I'm going to start to look for fabric & now I will be faced with the same problem...so many choices, so little time or $$$.
sherry

Jaci said...

I totally know what you are talking about!! I just got home from quilt night and finished a Buggy Barn quilt. They are my favorites! I have a stash of fabric and find myself going to quilt stores for therapy, they are just so relaxing and endless possibilities lay ahead, it just takes some imagination.
I love seeing the stuff you do! Let me know how the bag works out. I bought her messenger bag pattern and haven't been able to tackle it yet.

Anonymous said...

That was Heather Baileys sewing room!!! I hope to have it too! I love the birdie sling by amy butler! I am obsessed with her! You know she lives in Ohio...go find her! I have even bought amy butler scrapbooking stuff! so fun!