Thursday, November 20, 2008

Painful

Our friend Adam Harrison (Nora's Hubby) was kind enough to crash at our house while the boys slept so Christopher and I could go see the midnight showing of Twilight together. We met up with the Grady's (thank goodness for Chris's sake so he wasn't the only hubby being dragged there). It was in a word Painful. Loved the characters, loved the story, loved the costumes, loved the casting but the directing was seriously laughable. I lost count of the number of times I laughed out loud at a part that was supposed to be serious. ANWAYS it was fun and came around and started being a good movie about 3/4 of the way through (once they decided silence in the background is awkward and added some background music. Movies ALWAYS have music. I know real life doesn't but that's why we go to the movies). It was ironic thought because we got in line at 10 PM all ran into the theater sat through some pretty scary trailers and when the movie started there was no sound and the picture was completely askew. After ten mins they fixed it but I feel like I have to go see it again to hear Edwards monologue at the beginning.... well see if I am willing to shell out the bucks :) I hope it does well enough that they do the others and just get a better director, the Harry Potters did it so can Twilight!
PS the women in the williamburg ward are awesome we were out in force tonight!!!

1 comments:

The Grady's said...

Hey Kelly!

So, after much deliberation, Kevin and I decided to go back and see Twilight again today to see if we would have a different experience and all I have to say is that I loved it this time! It was so much better not starting out the movie with technical difficulties and then having a quiet theatre to hear the background music and sound that we missed in the midnight showing because of the shrieking girls. I would say to go back and see it again and see what you think. Kevin agreed that it was much better as well. Anyway, thanks for a great night last night!

Leslie